When we hear the word diet, we don’t usually expect to be able to indulge. However, the right eating plan will allow you to incorporate healthy treats and won’t have you feeling like you’re depriving yourself of all life’s goodness. The keto diet allows you to enjoy chocolate without feeling guilty or ashamed! We’ve rounded up 45 keto chocolate recipes you can feel good about indulging in.
What is the Keto Diet?
The keto diet has been a craze in the health and weight loss world for a while now. With so many people buzzing about it, there’s no denying that this diet works! It’s a low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy.
Typically, our bodies burn carbs for fuel. Glucose is easy for your body to breakdown and use as energy, so naturally it is chosen over other energy sources. Since your fats aren’t needed, they’re stored. When you significantly decrease or eliminate carbs from your diet, your body can’t get energy from glucose and has to look elsewhere. It starts burning fat for energy and your body enters a state called ketosis.
Pssst. Does this sound too complicated?
Click HERE to get keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Ketosis is a natural bodily process. It starts when food intake is low to help us survive. This stage is where ketones are produced, and the main goal is to get our bodies into a metabolic state. This is done through the starvation of carbs, not the starvation of calories.
Can I Eat Chocolate On the Keto Diet?
Luckily, when you’re craving a sweet treat, yes, you can eat chocolate on the keto diet. However, this doesn’t mean you can eat a Kit Kat bar or Reese’s Pieces. If you’re going to eat chocolate on the keto diet, make sure it’s dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa. The higher the percentage, the better!
Dark chocolate is made of cocoa, which is one of the most antioxidant rich foods on the planet, and with a high level of polyphenols, it helps combat stress in the body. Dark chocolate contains more cacao and less sugar than milk chocolate, so make sure that whenever you consume chocolate, whether you’re on the keto diet or not, that it’s dark chocolate.
What is the Best Keto Friendly Chocolate?
Now that you know it’s okay to eat dark chocolate on the keto diet, it’s time to plan out some yummy recipes! Wondering where to get keto friendly chocolate for your keto chocolate recipes? We’ve listed our favourites below! You can use
1. Superwell Organic Cacao Powder
2. Carvahlo 70% Cacao Chocolate Chips
3. Isopure Low Carb Protein Powder
4. Healthworks Organic Cacao Powder
5. Edge 78% Dark Chocolate Bars
15 Keto Chocolate Fat Bomb Recipes
1 Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs | Keto Connect
2. Chocolate Walnut Fat Bombs | Sugar Free Londoner
3. Almond Joy Fat Bombs | The Big Man’s World
4. White Chocolate Butter Pecan Fat Bombs | Tasteaholics
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs | Paleo Mom Noms
6. Keto Cookie Dough Truffles | Keto Diet App
7. Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Fat Bombs | The Castaway Kitchen
8. Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs | Oh My Sugar High
9. Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs | Create Mindfully
10. Chocolate Coconut Fat Bomb Squares | I Save A to Z
11. Keto Brownie Fat Bombs | Hungry for Inspiration?
12. Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs | Fat for Weight Loss
13. Sea Salted Chocolate Fat Bombs | Dirty Floor Diaries
14. Dark Chocolate and Nuts Fat Bombs | Keto Diet App
15. Chocolate Macadamia Fat Bombs | Wholesome Yum
15 Keto Chocolate Dessert Mug Cake Recipes
1 1 Minute Keto Chocolate Mug Cake | Oh Clary
2. Keto Chocolate Cake in a Mug | Ruled.me
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake | All Day I Dream About Food
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake | Keto Connect
5. 1 Minute Hot Chocolate Mug Cake | The Big Man’s World
6. Keto Lava Cake | Low Carb Spark
7. Keto S’mores Mug Cake | Low Carb Inspirations
8. Nutella Mug Cake | Keto Diet App
9. Keto Chocolate Mug Cake | Low Carb Maven
10. Coconut Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake | Ruled.me
11. Chocolate Chip Mug Cake | Chocolate Covered Katie
12. 3 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake | Gnom-Gnom
13. Moist Chocolate Mug Cake | Real Housemoms
14. Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake | Low Carb Spark
15. 3 Minute German Chocolate Mug Cake | Nana’s Little Kitchen
15 Dairy Free Keto Chocolate Recipes
1 Keto Chocolate Mousse | My Pcos Kitchen
2. Bulletproof Chocolate Milkshake | Gnom-Gnom
3. Chocolate Coconut Milk Pudding | All Day I Dream About Food
4. Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding | Keto Mamas
5. Chocolate Almond Butter Pie | Meat Free Keto
6. Chocolate Pecan Keto Shake | Texas Granola Girl
7. No Bake Keto Brownie Bites | Cassidy’s Craveable Creations
8. Chocolate Coconut Cake | My Montana Kitchen
9. Easy Paleo Chocolate Bark | Ditch the Carbs
10. Supreme Glazed Chocolate Donuts | Gnom-Gnom
11. Chocolate Silk Pie | Ruled.me
12. Coconut Chocolate Fudge | Low Carb Yum
13. Avocado Chocolate Brownies | Stay Snatched
14. Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Castaway Kitchen
15. Chocolate Coconut Cups | Keto Summit
Being on the keto diet means you can still enjoy chocolate! Try these keto chocolate recipes and indulge whenever you have a sweet tooth!