The 21 day fix diet has made a name for itself as one of the best ways to lose weight in a short period of time. In just 21 days, you can lose a significant amount of weight by eating portioned controlled meals and consuming plenty of nutritious foods from each food group! The wonderful thing about the 21 day fix eating plan is that you don’t have to deprive yourself while you’re on it – you can still eat delicious meals, including overnight oats! Overnight oats are extremely tasty, and will help keep you satisfied and energized throughout the morning. Take a look at our favourite 21 day fix overnight oats recipes to fuel your day!
What is the 21-Day Fix Diet?
The 21-day fix diet is a portion controlled eating plan that lasts for 21 days. One of the main reasons people gain weight is not only because of what they eat, but the fact that they overeat as well. With portion control, you’re able to keep your weight in check with appropriate portion sizes. The diet focuses on whole, clean and unprocessed foods, and every food group is accounted for. Each portion is measured out in coloured-coded containers as follows:
- Red is for protein
- Green is for vegetables
- Purple is for fruit
- Yellow is for carbohydrates
- Blue is for healthy fats
- Orange is for seeds, nuts, and dressings
- Teaspoons are for oils, nut butters, and approved sweeteners (honey, molasses, maple syrup, agave, and stevia)
How to Get Started on the 21-Day Fix Diet
If you’re wondering how to get started on the 21-day fix diet, it’s simple! You’ve already made the first step: deciding you want to live a healthier lifestyle. The first thing you need to do is figure out your calorie intake. To find your calorie intake, multiply your current weight by 11 and add 400 (this covers the calories you burn during your daily workout).
This number is the daily calorie intake you need to consume to maintain your weight (you’ll obviously need to eat fewer calories if you want to lose weight). S
Here are our best tips for getting started on the 21 day fix diet!
1. Weigh and measure yourself before starting so you can keep track of your progress over the 21 days. Don’t go crazy weighing yourself everyday, but it’s good to have a benchmark to start off from.
2. Preparation is key. Buy your supplies and foods ahead of time and look up recipes you’re going to make for the week. This will make it easier to stay on track with your weight loss success!
3. Get your meal prep containers! A big part of the 21 day fix diet is using the meal prep containers, which are listed above. Whatever fits in the containers, you can eat! Filling up on lean protein like chicken and veggies like spinach will help you stay full, but the great thing about the 21-day diet is it’s not restrictive so you won’t feel deprived.
4. Exercise. There are a number of 21 day fix workouts you can do, and the program recommends 30 minutes of exercise per day for best results.
8+ Foods to Eat on the 21-Day Fix Diet
1. Veggies such as kale, collard greens, spinach, squash, sweet peppers, cauliflower, eggplant, snow peas, cabbage, mushrooms, onions, bamboo shoots and celery.
2. Fruits including berries, guava, passion fruit, bananas, oranges, cherries, grapes, mangoes, peach, pineapple, figs, and peaches.
3. Proteins like fish, boneless, skinless chicken and turkey breast, lean ground red meat, goat, shellfish, eggs, kefir, plain Greek yogurt, tofu, tempeh, cheese, veggie burgers, turkey bacon, and protein powder.
4. Carbs including sweet potatoes, quinoa, beans, lentils, edamame, peas, brown rice, wild rice, refried beans, potatoes, barley, whole grain pasta, whole grain pita bread, whole grain waffles and pancakes, whole wheat and corn tortillas.
5. Healthy fats such as avocados, nuts, hummus, coconut milk, goat cheese, feta cheese, parmesan, and other cheeses.
6. Flours like coconut flour, brown rice flour, chickpea flour, almond flour, oat flour and wheat flour.
7. Extras including nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil, pumpkin seed oil, organic butter, seed butters, unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened cashew milk.
8. Sweeteners like honey, molasses, maple syrup, agave, and stevia.
Foods to Avoid on the 21-Day Fix Diet
1. White pasta, rice and bread
2. Processed foods
3. Fast foods
4. Cakes and pastries
6. Greasy and fried foods
10. Processed Meats
11. Energy Bars
12. Table sugar
13. Sugary beverages like juice
14. Sweetened Yogurts
15 21-Day Fix Overnight Oats to Fuel Your Day
1. 21 Day Fix Overnight Oats | Confessions of a Fit Foodie
2. 21 Day Fix Blueberry Overnight Oats | Carrie Elle
3. Banana Bread Overnight Oats | Fit Mom Angela D
4. 21 Day Fix Hummingbird Cake Overnight Oats | The Foodie and the Fix
5. Tropical Overnight Oats | Tracy Ash
6. Maple Cinnamon Overnight Oats | From Forks to Fitness
7. 21 Day Fix Coconut Overnight Oats | Carrie Elle
8. Overnight Cinnamon Spiced Steel Cut Oats | Emily J. Goodman
9. Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats | Simply Clean & Fit
10. Strawberry Shakeology Overnight Oats | Beach Body on Demand
11. Coconut Chia Overnight Oats | Finding Motivation Everyday
12. 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Overnight Oats | Carrie Elle
13. Vanilla Peach Overnight Oats | Beach Body on Demand
14. Clementine and Cocoa Overnight Oats | The Foodie and the Fix
15. 21 Fix Overnight Carrot Cake Oats | Carrie Elle
The 21 day fix diet is one of the best ways to lose weight and maintain weight loss! These tips and recipes will make it easy for you succeed with your weight loss goals!